School Improvement Plan
What is the School Improvement Plan?
The School Improvement Plan (SIP) contains the targets the school has set for the next year. The targets are set following an analysis of:
- The previous years’ performance
- Any government/local authority initiatives
- The areas of the school wishes to improve through consultation with parents, pupils, staff and governors
- OfSTED action points from previous inspection
We are constantly looking at ways to improve the education and life chances of the pupils in our care. We are always working on many different areas of improvement throughout the school year, but the school improvement plan focuses on the key priorities which would bring about measureable outcomes for our pupils.
The priorities of the school improvement plan are organised under 4 headings:
- Teaching and Learning
- Leadership and Management
Listed below are the main priorities for the year 2015-16 – the plan itself contains more detail in terms of timescales, staff involved and success criteria.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning from good to outstanding.
- To provide an inspiring curriculum.
- Raise attainment and accelerate progress.
- Increase effectiveness of leadership and management at all levels.