We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all students and take this very seriously. We endeavor to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. As a staff team we are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive early and effective support, protection and justice. While working in our school we expect you to take care of our students and follow our procedures.
- have a bruise, burn or injury that seems suspicious
- show signs of pain or discomfort
- be unnaturally passive or withdrawn
- be unpredictable and challenging
- seem anxious, fearful or distressed
- provide an unlikely explanation for their injury or their behaviour.
- If a student tells you something that suggests they are at risk of harm, allow them to tell you as much as they wish and let them know that you must pass the information on to the CPO or DCPO
- If you become concerned about a student’s immediate safety, notify the nearest member of staff and tell them why you are concerned.
- You should complete a written record of any concerns and hand it to one of the above people or a senior member of staff before you leave the school site. Ask a senior member of staff if you would like help to complete this
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy