Callicroft Primary School were visited by Ofsted in June 2015. The overall effectiveness of the school was judged as Good.
Key findings for parents and pupils were:
- Pupils make good progress and achieve well in reading, writing and mathematics
- Teaching has improved since the last inspection and is now effective because pupils receive work that is at the right level for them
- Children settle quickly into the early years provision and make good progress in their learning
- Pupils behave well and have positive attitudes to their learning. There is very little bullying and pupils feel safe
- Senior leaders have a clear vision for school improvement and a drive to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
- Checks to measure the effectiveness of teaching and learning are rigorous. Consequently, the effectiveness of the school continues to improve
- The governing body gives good support. They challenge school leaders well, working closely with them in checking the effectiveness of the school
- Pupils who may be vulnerable and their families receive a good level of care and this helps to develop their self-esteem and confidence
Please find below our most recent Ofsted reports, and relevant information from the Department for Education Performance Tables.