At Callicroft the children the children are engaged with their History learning and are taught using a range of techniques. These include practical and hands-on experiences, research opportunities and trips to places of historical interest. The children also opportunities throughout the year to dress in historical costume as part of scheduled WOW learning days.
History is taught as a part of our cross-curricular topics:
Term 2 - From fire to ice
- The life of a significant historical figure - Samuel Pepys
- A key historical event - Bonfire Night
Term 2 - Yabba Dabba Do!
- British history study - the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Trip to Stone Henge
Term 2 - Innovative invaders
- Invasions through time: settlements and kingdoms
- Anglo-Saxons and Vikings
- Roman withdrawal from Britain