Geography at Callicroft is taught through our exciting topic themes in each year group. Geography is a skills based curriculum and we aim to engage children in map reading, coordinates, plotting routes and practical activities in the outside learning environment.
Here is a general outline of the knowledge and skills we will be covering in each year group:
Term 2 - From fire to ice
- Name & locate world’s continents and oceans
- Compare local area to a non - European country
- Use basic vocabulary to describe an unfamiliar area
Term 2 - Yabba Dabba Do!
- Describe and understand climate
- Make comparisons between areas of the UK
Term 2 - Innovative invaders!
- Use 6 figure grid references on an OS map
- Compare how maps have changed throughout time